Thank you for your interest in the Susan G. Komen® East Central Texas grant program. This year’s grant application period ends January 31, 2018. For details on applying email us at email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted online through the Komen Grants e-Management System (GeMS): https://affiliategrants.komen.org. Training on use of the GeMS system will occur at the grant workshop referenced below.
Applications must be received on or before 01/31/2018 . No late submissions will be accepted.
The grant application process is competitive. Whether or not an organization has received a grant in the past, funding in subsequent years is never guaranteed and depends upon the quality of this application, the quality of the applicant pool, and the funds available for distribution.
To be eligible to apply for a grant:
- Your organization must be a federally tax-exempt entity – nonprofit organization, government agency, educational institution or Indian tribe.
- The organization must also serve our 17 county service area (Kaufman, Van Zandt, Smith, Ellis, Henderson, Cherokee, Anderson, Freestone, Navarro, Hill, Limestone, Bell, Bosque, Coryell, Falls, McLennan, and Milam counties).
- Be a program specific to breast health and/or breast cancer services
Request for Applications
December 18, 2017
Application Deadline: JANUARY 31, 2018
Award Notification: March 1, 2018
Project Period: April 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019
Questions about Community Grants and the Grants e-Management System should be directed to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Tyler -903.561.6992 Waco – 254.753.3037
To get a better understanding of how our grant process works, please read on. Each year, all applications undergo a three-phase review process.
- First, eligible local nonprofit healthcare organizations serving Kaufman, Van Zandt, Smith, Ellis, Henderson, Cherokee, Anderson, Freestone, Navarro, Hill, Limestone, Bell, Bosque, Coryell, Falls, McLennan, and Milam counties apply to receive Komen East Central Texas community grant funding for evidence-based breast cancer programs. These programs must meet a need and funding priority identified in Komen East Central Texas’ community needs assessment. To see the types of services Komen East Central Texas funding makes possible, learn more about our continuum of care.
- Second, community grant applicants are thoroughly reviewed by an anonymous and independent community-based grant review panel. The applicants are selected and ranked based on the ability to fill service gaps identified by Komen East Central Texas’ community needs assessment and ability to deliver services covering the continuum of care. To apply for a position on the grant review panel email us at email@example.com.
- Lastly, the Komen East Central Texas Board of Directors approves the financial investment to its 17-county service area based on available funds.
**** Remember that our next application period will not begin until Fall 2018 however we will be posting our Request for Applications prior to receiving grant applications.
All requests for scientific research should be directed to the National Susan G. Komen Award and Research Grant Program.
More information on research funding is available at www.komen.org/grants.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 903.561.6992 or 254.753.3037 to receive more information about the Komen East Central Texas grants program.