Thank you for your interest in the Susan G. Komen® Central Texas grant program. This year’s grant application period ended in December 2014. Check back in Fall 2015 for details on applying next year or email our us at email@example.com.
To get a better understanding of how our grant process works, please read on. Each year, all applications undergo a three-phase review process.
- First, eligible local nonprofit healthcare organizations serving Bell, Bosque, Coryell, Falls, McLennan, and Milamcountie counties apply to receive Komen Central Texas community grant funding for evidence-based breast cancer programs. These programs must meet a need and funding priority identified in Komen Central Texas’ community needs assessment. To see the types of services Komen Central Texas funding makes possible, learn more about our continuum of care.
- Second, community grant applicants are thoroughly reviewed by an anonymous and independent community-based grant review panel. The applicants are selected and ranked based on the ability to fill service gaps identified by Komen Central Texas’ community needs assessment and ability to deliver services covering the continuum of care. To apply for a position on the grant review panel email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lastly, the Komen Central Texas Board of Directors approves the financial investment to its 6-county service areabased on available funds.
To be eligible to apply for a grant:
- your organization must be a federally tax-exempt entity – nonprofit organization, government agency, educationalinstitution or Indian tribe.
- The organization must also serve our six county service area (Bell, Bosque, Coryell, Falls, McLennan, and Milamcounties).
- Be a program specific to breast health and/or breast cancer services
**** Remember that our next application period will not begin until Fall 2015 however we will be posting our Request for Applications prior to receiving grant applications.
All requests for scientific research should be directed to the National Susan G. Komen Award and Research Grant Program.
More information on research funding is available at www.komen.org/grants.
Please email email@example.com or call 254.753.3037 to receive more information about the Komen Central
Texas grants program.
All applications must be submitted online through the Komen Grants e-Management System (GeMS): https://affiliategrants.komen.org. Training on use of the GeMS system will occur at the grant workshop referenced below.
Applications must be received on or before (date to be announced) . No late submissions will be accepted.
The grant application process is competitive. Whether or not an organization has received a grant in the past, funding in subsequent years is never guaranteed and depends upon the quality of this application, the quality of the applicant pool, and the funds available for distribution.
Request for Applications
Application Deadline: date and time
Award Notification: April 2016
Project Period: April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017
Questions about Community Grants and the Grants e-Management System should be directed to: